Energy Efficiency in the Electrical Network (ENEV), Phase II: Protection Study
Substations in Mongolia contain components from very different countries of origin (Russia, Germany, China, Korea) including their different standards and operating parameters. As a consequence, substations, especially protection relays, do not operate in a coordinated and secure manner. The study identified bottlenecks and presented recommendations to achieve a more reliable and power-efficient network.
- Technical assessment of the electro-technical and protection equipment
- Analysis of their compatibility and functionality
- Evaluation of selectivity problems in case of network faults
- Elaboration of a technical proposal for future investments and measures
- Determination of the technical parameters of the single components (insulation coordination)
- Relay protection system in the 220 kV central electricity network, which at that time consisted of 7 transmission line sections and a number of 220 / 110 / 35 kV substations